HI!I’m Alissa Nichole, a Native New Yorker… Brooklyn, to be exact… wanderluster and DIY ninja that marches to the beat of my own drum. My favorite things are creating art (I am the founder and boss of GloriJoy, a handmade jewelry and homegoods shop– currently on hiatus but returning soon!), photography, leopard print, everything bagels, traveling, books, gold jewelry, crystals, incense and bright colors.
I come from a creative (and technology rich) background; I started off my career as a web designer, teaching herself HTML and Photoshop in middle school.
After about 25 years in the game, I switched gears and began to focus my energy on fashion, style and personal styling. My hard work and never-ending quest for knowledge has earned me certificates in Image Consulting (May 2015 – FIT), Personal Styling (June 2015 – School of Style) and Fashion Styling (October 2015 – School of Style).
Got a story to tell? Just want to say hi? Drop me a line!
I’d love to hear from you.
Intern Stylist, April Hughes – Fashion Stylist
New York, NY — October 2015 – January 2015
• Assisted stylist at photoshoots (steamed and organized clothing, acted as liaison between key stylist and assistant stylist)
• Coordinated with assistant stylist to process returns
Volunteer, Fashion For Action – Housing Works
New York, NY — November 2015
• Merchandised product
• Assisted customers with their selections
Sales Associate/Assistant, IndigoStyle Vintage
Brooklyn, NY — Curlfest at Prospect Park, August 2015
Brooklyn, NY — Oktoberfest at Bed-Vyne, October 2015
• Assisted with storefront setup and merchandising of product
• Photographed event
• Interacted with customers, resulting in increased sales, awareness of the IndigoStyle Vintage brand and sign ups to mailing list
Dresser, Edun Fall 2014 NYFW Runway Show
New York, NY — February 2014
• Prepared and dressed models
• Kept track of inventory
• Ensured that looks went out in the proper order
• Organized and packed up clothing at the completion of event